Parental, Family, & Friends Code of Conduct
WE, the Parents, Family, & Friends of the VYFL participants, believe that the values embodied in good sportsmanship will be strictly adhered to as follows:
- I will be responsible for my behavior as well as for the behavior of those who attend that game/practice as my guest.
- I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this Parent’s Code of Ethics Pledge.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and official at every game, practice, or other youth sports event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of all participants ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will be in control of my behavior and emotions at all times and at all locations.
- I will remain in the spectator area during games/practices.
- I will insist that my child plays in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will not advise the coach on how to do their job.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco, smokeless tobacco, alcohol, violence, etc., and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events. I will not drink alcohol at a game/practice or come to one having ingested any drugs or alcohol.
- I will remember that the game is for our youth – NOT ADULTS – and that participation in youth sports is a privilege, not a right.
- I will show respect for all participants at all times.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child. I will not instruct him to harm any other participants.
- I will not coach my child during the game/practice.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
- I will not make insulting comments to players, parents, officials, or coaches of either team.
- I promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectable fan, assisting the league with fund-raisers and in the snack shack, or providing transportation.
- I will require that my child’s coach be trained in responsibilities of being a youth sports coach and that the coach upholds the Coaches Code of Ethics.
- I will thank coaches, officials, and other volunteers who have conducted the event.
- I understand that effective for the 2019 season and beyond each parent (in addition to concessions shift) will be required to support the VYFL by having a role in the league operations. (ie. Board, etc.)
- I have read the above Code of Conduct, discussed it with my family and student athletes in detail, and agree to uphold the agreement.
The VYFL is dedicated to teaching the art and science of football to the young men and women of Vestal, while maintaining a fun and motivating environment that will teach children Sportsmanship, Communication, Camaraderie, Teamwork, Discipline, and Work Ethic.
Connect with us
Sign up to stay up to date with our latest news, schedules and more...